Friday, December 18, 2009

Is gas a bi-product in oil refining?I seem to recall being told that & without cars to burn it would be waste.

Since I can remember I've been told that without engines to burn gasoline we would't know what to do with itIs gas a bi-product in oil refining?I seem to recall being told that %26amp; without cars to burn it would be waste.
Yes I believe you are correct actually I think the story is this. In the old days before they knew how to ';CRACK'; petroleum thet mostly processed it for the kerosene and gasoline was a waste by-product that they actually used to dump into our rivers and where-ever else it ended up.Is gas a bi-product in oil refining?I seem to recall being told that %26amp; without cars to burn it would be waste.
The whole point of refining oil is to get the various petrochemicals out of it. So in refining oil, you get out gasoline, diesel, kerosene, etc. etc. It isn't a byproduct, it's an end product.





Without vehicles to burn the fuel, there would be little point in refining oil, period.
Technically everything is a bi-product of oil refining. But I think what your thinking of is that diesel is a bi-product of gas.
gas is for engines but oil is used for plastic,,,drugs,all knids of manufactering....its in lipstick and 1000 other things...

No comments:

Post a Comment