Monday, April 26, 2010

Is it possible to mix refined mineral oil with diesel fuel and use as fuel for diesel engine.?

That is the beauty of the diesel engine. Because of the high compression it will burn about anything. My wife fries alot and I alway put the leftover grease in the tank. You will not believe this but I changed the oil on my motorcycle and used the old oil as fuel. My truck runs great. Sometimes I will get some popcorn like smell or extra smoke but the engine purrs like a kitten.Is it possible to mix refined mineral oil with diesel fuel and use as fuel for diesel engine.?
Adding things other than diesel or biodiesel to your diesel tank will negatively affect the engine. It may run for a very long time still, but it's life will be shortened.





There have been many studies on this. Unheated vegetable oil or motor oil excessively wear fuel system components, and may damage piston rings as well.





Also, burning used motor oil in your engine is very bad for the environment.Is it possible to mix refined mineral oil with diesel fuel and use as fuel for diesel engine.?
Yes. I use it in my purge tank,to counteract this new diesel,and to keep from having to turn my fuel heaters off.


Baby oil smells real good.
Well, mineral oil is not combustible, so you might as well be adding water to your diesel.

No comments:

Post a Comment